Joost van der Grinten was sworn in as an attorney at law in January 2012. He has specialized in insolvency law, corporate law and tenancy law. Within these jurisdictions, Joost represents SME entrepreneurs, listed Dutch and foreign companies, investors and private individuals. Additionally, Joost is regularly appointed as trustee in bankruptcy. His activities include:
- advising on mergers, acquisitions, transfers from bankruptcies and the restructuring of loans;
- drawing up contracts;
- litigate on commercial and rental disputes, including rent adjustment, defects, renovation and evictions, directors liability and securities;
- assisting directors, shareholders, and creditors in bankruptcies, and;
- settling bankruptcies as a bankruptcy trustee; including the realization of restarts and the conducting of procedures regarding fraudulent conveyances, settlements and directors' liability.
- Master Private Law at the University of Amsterdam (2011); and
- INSOLAD / Grotius specialization course in Insolvency Law (2017).
- prospective member of INSOLAD (the specialist association for insolvency lawyers);
- member of JIRA (the association for young insolvency lawyers);
- member of JOAA (the association for young entrepreneurial lawyers in Amsterdam).